Aim 9 Sidewinder
This rocket was built in April 1998
This rocket has flown 7 times
1. 17 May 98 flown on a C6-5 - Parachute did not open
2. 7 Jun 98 flown on a C6-5 - Stuck in tree, recovered 2 weeks later
when fell to ground, nose
cone and parachute still stuck in tree.
- 16 Aug 98 - Added a payload section to replace nose cone. When I
added the payload
section, I put two Ping-Pong balls in it and have kept
them there ever since.
3. 3 Jan 99 flown on a C6-3 - Excellent flight, landed 25' away
4. 7 Nov 99 flown on a B6-4 - Low flight. Need to use a bigger engine.
5. 7 Nov 99 flown on a C6-5
6. 27 Aug 00 flown on a C6-5 used a 12" chute with a spill hole
7. 4 Feb 01 flown on a C6-5